All Saints' Kingsway has over 60 years of faithful ministry to the community.
On August 1, 1944, upon the invitation of the Rt. Rev. A.R. Beverley, Suffragan Bishop of Toronto, the Rev. Arnold Wilkinson became All Saints’ first Priest-in-Charge.
Sunnylea School remained the home for All Saints’ for the next three years.
With great anticipation the building of the church began. Bishop Beverley turned the sod to commence the building on March 1, 1947. Shortly after, on Wednesday, October 8, 1947, at 8:00 pm, the first service was held in the basement of All Saints’ Church, Kingsway. Later, on April 14, 1951, Bishop Beverley, laid the corner stone. Then on May 15, 1952, with more than 1000 people present, Bishop Beverley conducted the Service of Dedication for the Nave and Chancel.
May 2, 1957 marked the completion and dedication of the church. A new Casavant organ was installed and dedicated on October 6, 1960. Again, Bishop Wilkinson conducted the dedication.
On September 7, 1966, the church was gutted by fire. Immediately the whole congregation united to restore the building. On September 7, 1967, the restored church was dedicated by the Bishop of Toronto, Bishop George Snell.
By our 25th Anniversary on January 16, 1969, the church, free of debt, was consecrated by Bishop Snell.
The Reverend Canon Timothy Foley retired in July 2005 (his last service was June 26, 2005). All Saints’ had a series of interim Priests, through 2005-2006 with The Rev. Dr. Michael Lloyd fulfilling his duties as Associate Priest.
The Reverend Canon Andrew Sheldon began at All Saints’ on August 1st, 2006 and was inducted as the fourth Rector on Sunday, September 17th, 2006.
Clergy over the Years